I was tagged by Avon
Thank you so much:)
Ten Interview Questions for the Next Big Thing:
- What is your working title of your book (or story)?
– Aves : Involvement
(It’s a four book series with the main title as ‘Aves’)
- Where did the idea come from for the book?
– Oh I don’t know. It started out to replicate a Nancy Drew type of mystery (because I simply love her!) and I had this strange obsession with twins. Also, I never really read a story with twins as their main characters. So I began twisting the plot- trying (Trying!) to make it as interesting as ever… And I landed up on this story that formed the basis of the entire series!
(Phew! That was long!)
- What genre does your book fall under?
– YA Crime Fiction
(Also, if there is a genre for “Crime + Romance + The happenings that every teenager undergoes, then please let me know!)
- Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
– Honestly, I’ve tried doing this- and for the twins- Avril and Avaria, I haven’t found any star cast!
It’s hard to find twins who look indistinguishably alike and yet can be sorted (Cue read my book) (Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen) 😉
But for the rest of the characters, here you go!
- What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
– Twin sisters who while in the disguise of helping their best friend stumble on a mystery that could change their lives… or tell them more about it than they knew… forever.
- Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
– Would like to be represented by an agency.
- How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
– About six months. (Phewww! Blame school for the prolonged writing.)
- What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
– Nancy Drew (Since it was conceived as one) and/or Agatha Christie’s novels (Though in no way can I stand in the same line as her.)
- Who or what inspired you to write this book?
– Suggestion of a friend. The termination of my final exams. A long stretch of summer. And well, having a daydream of writing a good book.
(From sixth grade I had started out various stories.. never completed ’em. Seemed too inadequate.)
Then I imagined this story… and it seemed like a dream.
Well, no. First I imagined it as a Harry Potter type of magical world. But then, I was like… “Oh the real world’s good enough!” (or in the case of my book, “Bad enough!”)
After that I was crazy about it!
- What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
– The mystery, of course. The relationships… I guess? Teenage feelings.. love, friendship and sisterhood.. specially of twins.
If you’re looking for a story to spend your day on.. this could be it!
But be careful to read between the lines..
Because the clue you missed… could solve the mysteries of their lives.